Today just feels like fall to me. I slept in (oops), it’s overcast and a little drizzly out. The AC has finally shut off for the time being. I could get used to this!
I was trying really hard to hold off on putting out my fall decorations until about mid month, buuuut I just couldn’t help myself. It just felt like the perfect time to break out the fall goodies!
But to be honest, I hardly have any decorations. Everything I have fits in one really small Rubbermaid box. Most my decor is, of course, candle related. I have a few extras for Halloween that I’ll break out later, but this is about it.
I really do love my little light up pumpkin, though. It totally sets the mood for these crisp fall afternoons and evenings when I just want to curl up with a book and read.
Luckily, I might be in for getting some fun Pinterest inspired fall/Halloween decor soon as one of my girlfriends is having a Pinterest Pumpkin party. We’re all going to bring our own Pinterest crafts and snack on fall food. Literally can’t wait!
I planned this in advance, but it also fit my fall mood morning well. I made an apple cinnamon smoothie with oats for a full meal.
I’ve actually been hesitant to try putting apples in my blender since my blender is not
a Vitamix the best. But it actually worked out much better than I thought it would. It’s definitely a little gritty and doesn’t get as smooth as other fruit, but it’s also totally drinkable.
- 1 apple, cut into slices (Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp are the sweet ones)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup oats
- couple of shakes of cinnamon
- half scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, frozen
1. Combine all the ingredients in the blender and pulse slowly.
2. Once mostly liquid looking, set to “liquefy” or high setting to really break up the apple chunks and skin.
3. Top with another sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
The fiber in the apple & the oats really lasts with me. I love this smoothie because it’s very filling and hearty.
Now I’m sippin’ on some pumpkin spice tea & going to read some blogs for the morning. Have a splendid day!
Questions for You:
- What holiday or season do you have the most decorations for? I probably have the most Christmas stuff.
- What holiday would you never decorate for? St. Patty’s decor just doesn’t do it for me. I’m not a fan of green!