THE MASTERY OF A SPORT
When it comes to the mastery of a sport or a game, the extra price needs to be paid. It is a mainstream fact that each sport has specific skills which should necessarily be exhibited by the sportsman. In the real scenario, no one is really forced to master these skills, it just seems to happen. An individual learns the needed skills by default, when he or she discovers that fellow players have mastered the same skills. No one would want to be left behind in this case.
As regards the mastery of skills, this takes place at different rates. Some people are faster at learning some particular skills than their counterparts. This occurs most times because the former, have given their time to enough practice and exposure. This is usually what separates the experts from the mediocre. It does not however stop there, it is expedient to note that continuous practice ensures that one is kept in shape, and exposed to arising innovations in the game. Sometimes, one could be the progenitor of any.
For Table Tennis which is also referred to as Ping Pong, the aforementioned guidelines apply to players of the sport. Today’s stars in Table Tennis did not get better in one single practice, it took a whole lot of playing and practice hours to reach an acceptable state, and they are still pushing for more.
10 TABLE TENNIS TIPS WHICH ENSURES AN ENHANCED PLAY
- Learn the basics: Just as any other sport, it is required for one to have a sound basic knowledge of how the game works. For Table Tennis, simple tips such as grip, movement and the likes should be properly known. With this, one’s weak and strong points would be known, and improvement should begin in the weak areas.
- Continuous Practice: As earlier mentioned, this is needed to keep one’s game in shape. One should never get tired of practising, it ensures that one gets better. With best ping pong robots or a real life opponent should ensure that this phase is solved. When it comes to the revealing of strengths and weakness as well, practising continually helps one improve.
- Learn how to serve the appropriate way: Serving the ball in Table Tennis is an essential part of the game. There are several strategies which are used to serve, and using one of them can give one the necessary edge over the opponent. One can gain points through serving, and one can lose points in the same way. Serves can also be combined to make the opponents confused.
- Keep a suitable ready position: This tip works in two ways. One has to be ready psychologically and physically. Being psychologically prepared is when one has a clear and healthy mind before playing Table Tennis. Once one is not in a stable state of mind, it would surely reflect when the sportsman is playing. Also, one has to be physically prepared before playing Table Tennis, this can be ensured if one exercises frequently. It would be easier for such person to be flexible when playing.
- Fix your gaze on the opponent: This aspect is very essential, one has to monitor the opponent’s move, and if one is careful enough, it would be easier to predict the opponent’s next move. A careful and meticulous sportsman would have an upper hand over his opponent.
- Know your opponent’s weakness: Closely related to fixing one’s gaze on the opponent, it is also important to know the weakness of one’s opponent. It would be easier to know this during the warm up periods of one’s opponent, or trying out different playing zones to find out during the course of play.
- Select your equipment sensibly: These are what would determine to an extent how one’s game would go. In the game of Table Tennis, the equipment which one uses tells a whole lot. If one is at a loss as to getting the right set of equipment, a professional can be contacted in order to help out.
- Keep calm: All through the course of the game, ensure that you maintain a cool head. Even in cases where one keeps on losing, it is essential that one’s temper is controlled. The level of focus needed in the game should be maintained. One should always have it in mind to make conscious efforts to get and play better in the next game.
- Know how to return a spin: For this tip, it is most times used to punish one’s opponent, one should know how to return a spin powerfully, if this is done properly, there is a possibility of one’s opponent being knocked off his feet. One would know how to do this perfectly, if there is always a practice partner.
- Learn how to move quickly: One should note that a good Table Tennis player must learn how to move swiftly, this happens when one’s reflexes are sharper. If one is very fast, it would be easier to return balls no matter the angle or position where they are placed.